Looking for a simple, healthy oven fajitas recipe? These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are an amazing option! Loaded with fresh bell peppers and onions and made with simple chicken breasts, these baked chicken fajitas are perfect for when you’re in the mood for Tex-Mex!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Sheet pan dinners are some of my most favorite recipes. Mostly because they’re simple to throw together, especially on busy weeknights. These oven fajitas are no different. With some simple prep before-hand, these baked chicken fajitas go all on one sheet pan, and right into the oven.
I also love these oven fajitas as it’s a fantastic healthy dinner recipe. Loaded with fresh bell peppers, red onions and lean chicken, its a great way to get my guys to eat more veggies. I also love it as an easy meal prep recipe to make on the weekend for your lunches during the week.
Like this recipe? Be sure to pin it to your EASY DINNER board!
Follow DelightfulEMade on Pinterest!
Here’s the simple steps to making these Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Step 1: Start by prepping your ingredients
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need for these oven fajitas:
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Green, yellow and red bell peppers (1 of each)
- Red onion
- Minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- Lime juice (juice of 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Spices: chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic salt and ground pepper.
- For Serving: corn or flour tortillas, sour cream, avocado slices or guacamole, diced tomatoes or pico de gallo salsa, shredded cheese of your choice.
Step 2: Slice the peppers and onions and place on a Sheet Pan
Slice all of the peppers and onions in long strips. Lightly spray an 17 x 12″ sheet pan with non-stick coconut oil spray. Place the all of the sliced peppers and onions on to the pan.
Get the Tools: The Sheet Pans that I use are these NordicWare Aluminum Half Sheet Pans. (Amazon Affiliate Link) I use these for all of my sheet pan dinners and are great for baking cookies, too!
Step 3: Add the sliced chicken, garlic, olive oil, lime juice and seasoning
On top of the peppers and onions you’ll add the chicken breast that has been sliced into long, thin strips. Add the minced garlic cloves. Top with the lime juice and olive oil. I love this Stainless Steel Citrus Juicer (Amazon Affiliate Link)- it makes juicing limes, lemons and oranges very easy! Hello, margaritas!!
In a small bowl, add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic salt and pepper. Stir together to combine. Sprinkle over the top of the ingredients on the pan.
Directly on the pan, toss all of the ingredients together to coat well. You can use a couple of spatulas or rubber scrapers, however, what worked best for me was using my hands.
Step 4: Place the fajita mixture into the oven to bake
Once all of the ingredients are coated, make sure they are all in an even layer on the pan. You’ll bake at 400 degrees for 18-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
To make sure everything cooks evenly, about 10 minutes into cooking, toss the ingredients to make sure everything is cooking evenly.
These baked chicken fajitas will come out of the oven smelling amazing! Serve right away while hot with some warm tortillas, and all of your favorite Tex-Mex toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions about Baked Chicken Fajitas:
How can I meal prep these sheet pan chicken fajitas?
To cut carbs, I like to enjoy these fajitas over cauliflower rice, as a Chicken fajita bowl. To your favorite meal prep container, add in a 1/2 cup of cauliflower rice, then a 1 1/2 cup serving of the chicken fajitas (Chicken, peppers & onions).
Top with all of your favorite toppings, like cherry tomatoes, cilantro, avocados, jalapeno peppers and a sprinkle of cheese.
What should I top these oven fajitas with?
Just like tacos, burritos and enchiladas, these oven fajitas are perfect with Classic Pico de Gallo Salsa, Loaded Guacamole, my Homemade Taco Sauce and my Black Bean Corn Salsa.
Other toppings include cilantro, shredded cheese, queso fresco, sliced jalapeno peppers, salsa, fresh limes (for lime juice) and guacamole or avocados.
How do you keep fajitas warm for a party?
You can do this a couple of ways:
- First, you can put the chicken fajita filling in a crock pot or slow cooker on the lowest temperature setting to keep warm. Serve along side all of your toppings and sides (listed above).
- The second way you can do this in keep the fajitas on the sheet pan in the oven, at at around 200 degrees. Keep the fajitas covered with foil to keep moisture in and prevent the chicken from drying out. Take out of the oven just before your ready to serve.
What type of tortillas are typically served with fajitas? Corn or Flour?
A medium-sized flour tortilla is typically the best choice for a fajita. Corn tortillas, although a healthier option, have a tendency to tear and rip when the meat, peppers and onions are added along with all the other toppings.
If you loved this delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas recipe, then be sure to check out some of my other similar Tex-Mex recipes:
- Pollo Asado Recipe
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Steak Fajitas
- Healthy Easy Taco Casserole
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Ground Beef Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Healthy Shrimp Tacos
- Chicken Taco Salad
Do you love sheet pan dinners? Check out some of my other oven baked recipes:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
- Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Healthy Cashew Chicken
- Sheet Pan Sweet & Sour Shrimp
- Baked Italian Chicken
- Baked Sausage and Peppers
- Sheet Pan Citrus Salmon & Asparagus
- Honey Dijon Chicken
Here’s the recipe for my delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas:
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Looking for a simple, healthy chicken dinner idea? These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are an amazing option! Loaded with fresh bell peppers and onions and made with simple chicken breasts, these baked chicken fajitas are perfect for when you're in the mood for Tex-Mex!
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Medium Red Onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- Medium-sized flour or corn tortillas, sour cream, sliced avocados or guacamole, sliced jalapenos, pico de gallo salsa, shredded cheese of choice or queso fresco.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 17 x 12" baking sheet with non-stick coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- Slice all peppers and onion thinly. Place on the pan. Add the garlic. Slice the chicken into thin strips and place on the pan with the vegetables. Drizzle with the olive oil and lime juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic salt and pepper. Stir together and then sprinkle all over the top of the chicken and vegetables. Using your hands, toss all of the ingredients together until well coated. Spread into an even layer on the pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through completely. (Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.)
- Remove from oven and serve right away while warm with tortillas and desired toppings.
Feel free to use regular paprika if you cannot find smoked paprika.
Chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 26g
Speak Your Mind