Taco Tuesday just got a major upgrade! These Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos are going to be your new favorite taco recipe. Made in under 8 minutes, these shrimp tacos in air fryer are a great healthy dinner option when time is tight.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you looking for a quick and simple way to make shrimp tacos? This quick and easy air fryer shrimp tacos recipe will be your new go-to resource. Made with simple spices, lime juice and all of your favorite taco toppings, these shrimp tacos air fryer are a great healthy dinner option.
The advantage to using an air fryer to make shrimp is that it is quick but still keeps the shrimp tender. In this post I’ll show you how to to use an air fryer to make shrimp tacos, the ingredients you’ll need and what goes best with this delicious Tex-Mex dish.
What do I need to make shrimp tacos in air fryer?
Here’s a quick reference grocery list of the ingredients you’ll need to make these shrimp tacos:
- Raw Shrimp – buying frozen raw shrimp is the best, most economical way to get shrimp. I don’t recommend buying pre-cooked shrimp. These quickly become tough and rubbery when reheated.
- Olive oil – this is needed to coat the shrimp before seasoning. It also helps the shrimp not stick to the air fryer.
- Lime juice – you’ll need the juice of one lime. I recommend using fresh lime juice versus bottled lime juice.
Ingredients for Shrimp Taco Seasoning:
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
- Ground Pepper
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to the recipe card. Thanks!
How do I make air fryer shrimp tacos?
In a small bowl, combine the spices – chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. If you love this simple seasoning mix, be sure to check out my recipe for Homemade Taco Seasoning, which is great to have on hand for all taco recipes!
In a separate bowl, coat the shrimp with the olive oil. Then sprinkle on the seasoning and toss together to coat the shrimp well.
Preheat your air fryer. I have the Ninja Max XL Air Fryer, which needs approximately 3 minutes to heat to temperature. Be sure to consult your air fryer owners manual for how long your air fryer needs to preheat.
One of the most highly-rated, reviewed and LOVED air fryers on the market! The Ninja Max XL Air Fryer is one of the most used appliances in our kitchen, as we use it almost every day!
How long do I cook shrimp in air fryer?
Cook the shrimp in the air fryer for 6-8 minutes at 390 degrees. About half way through cooking, stop the air fryer and toss the shrimp so they cook and brown evenly.
Once the shrimp are done cooking in the air fryer, they are immediately ready to assemble into tacos.
What tortillas are best for tacos?
Traditionally, small corn tortillas are used for authentic shrimp tacos. Lightly toasted, these tortillas are fantastic for assembling shrimp tacos. To prevent tearing or splitting, double up the tortillas.
Flour tortillas can also be used for shrimp tacos.
Are corn or flour tortillas better for you?
Corn tortillas are made with whole grains, and have a few less calories than flour tortillas. Flour tortillas are made with processed flour, which is a complex carbohydrate, and therefor a little more difficult to digest. If you have the option, chose corn tortillas for a slightly healthier alternative.
How do you toast tortillas?
On an open-flame, gas stove top, simply place the corn tortilla directly on the open flame (medium-low flame/temperature). Using metal tongs, continually move the tortillas. Once slightly toasted and charred, flip the tortilla and repeat the processes.
This goes quickly, as you’ll need only 30 seconds per side. If you do not have a gas stove top, you can replicate this process on a dry, hot skillet.
What toppings are best on shrimp tacos?
Feel free to assemble your tacos with your preferred Tex-Mex toppings. I recommend pico de gallo salsa, red cabbage, avocado, sliced jalapenos and sour cream.
Here are some other topping ideas that will be fantastic on these air fryer shrimp tacos:
- Classic Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Loaded Guacamole
- Homemade Taco Sauce
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Check out my tutorial on How to Make Salsa at Food.com
Love shrimp? Here are some of my other popular shrimp recipes:
- Shrimp Rossini Pasta
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- Shrimp Stir Fry with Noodles
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Pomodoro
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice
- Sheet Pan Sweet and Sour Shrimp
If you loved these Shrimp Tacos check out some of our other Tex-Mex recipes:
- Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos – Mahi Mahi is easily made in the air fryer
- Pollo Asado Recipe
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
- Shredded Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce
- Healthy Easy Taco Casserole
- Air Fryer Salmon Tacos
- Grilled Steak Fajitas
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- 10-Minute Ground Beef Tacos
- Easy Baked Mini Tacos
Here’s how these delicious Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos come together in 8 minutes:
Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb. raw shrimp (medium-large sized) tails removed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice juice of 1 lime
Shrimp Taco Seasoning:
- 8 corn or flour tortillas small to medium, toasted
- In a bowl, place the raw shrimp and top with the olive oil. Using a small rubber scraper or spoon toss the olive oil and shrimp together to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices; chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. Stir together with a spoon. Sprinkle over the top of the shrimp. Stir together to coat the shrimp with the seasoning.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees. Add in the seasoned shrimp at cook at 390 for 6-8 minutes total. Stop about half way through to toss the shrimp, ensuring they brown evenly.
- Once the shrimp are done cooking, add the fresh lime juice on top of the cooked shrimp. Assemble the tacos with the tortillas and any preferred toppings. Enjoy right away.