Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies
The ultimate chocolate chip cookies with sprinkles! These Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with sprinkles, white and semi-sweet chocolate chips, and packed with some serious flavor. Perfectly chewy, these cake mix chocolate chip cookies will be your new go to chocolate chip cookie recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sprinkles!
There are some days when a CRAVE a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies! I’m not much for store-bought cookies, as I particularly love a cookie that’s soft and chewy and especially warm! I can eat a dangerous amount of cookies in the hour after they come out of the oven. That is especially the case with these incredible Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Not your average cake mix chocolate chip cookies, these cookies have a few ingredients that set them apart. To take on the unique flavors of birthday cake, I’ve mixed in some funfetti cake mix, along with the addition of rainbow sprinkles. Throw in white chocolate chips along with semi-sweet chips, and you’ll have a chocolate chip cookie that is perfect for feeding your most intense cookie craving!
Here’s the simple steps to making these fun and incredibly delicious Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies:
How do I make chocolate chip cookies from scratch?
- Like other cookie recipes, you’ll begin by creaming together your room temperature butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Next, in a separate bowl you’ll mix together the flour, cake mix, salt, and baking soda. I would actually recommend sifting the dry ingredients, as some cake mixes tend to be slightly lumpy. Because of the little flecks of confetti in the cake mix, sift as much as you can through the fine mesh, and then toss in the little bits of the confetti pieces to the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Gradually mix in the sifted dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Dough will be thick.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough, and then form the chilled dough into balls. Bake and then let cool to room temperature.
(For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post for the compete recipe.)
Step 2: Add in the white and semi-sweet chocolate chips, and sprinkles
Once the cookie dough has come together, you’ll then stir in the chocolate chips (white and semi-sweet) as well as the sprinkles.
Step 3: Refrigerate the Cookie Dough
How do you chill cookie dough?
Simply turn out the mixed cookie dough on to some plastic wrap. Press the dough into a disk about 1″ thick. This will make it easier to spoon out the dough to make cookies. Wrap the dough tightly and refrigerate.
How long do you refrigerate cookie dough before baking?
Wrap the dough, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to two days.
I’ll often mix up this dough the night before, and then bake off the cookies the next day.
Step 4: Form Dough into Balls
Once you’ve refrigerated the dough, and are ready to bake off the cookies, unwrap the dough and let it come to room temperature for about 10 minutes. I like to use a cookie scoop to help form the dough balls, as this helps keep the cookies somewhat the same size. Roll the dough in your hand to form balls, and then place on a cookie sheet. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for approximately 9-11 minutes. For my oven, the sweet spot is right at 10 minutes.
Step 5: Let funfetti chocolate chip cookies cool slightly
Once the cookies come out of the oven, let them sit on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. This gives the dough and chocolate a chance to cool and set. From here, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to let cool completely.
When should I serve cake mix chocolate chip cookies?
Feel free to enjoy these cookies while they’re still warm. Perfectly chewy on the inside, these cookies are fantastic for dunking in a cold glass of milk, or a hot cup of coffee.
You’ll definitely love the birthday cake flavor, and with the extra sprinkles these cookies would be fantastic for a birthday party, or a fun classroom party treat!
If you loved these Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies, check out some of my other recipes:
Here’s the easy, delicious recipe for my Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 3/4 c. butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. funfetti boxed cake mix (unprepared)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 c. rainbow sprinkles
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the room temperature butter and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix together until completely incorporated and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cake mix, salt and baking soda. Sift together. (Try to get as much of the dry ingredients through the fine mesh as possible. Pour out the little flecks of confetti to the sifted dry ingredients.)
- Gradually begin adding the sifted dry ingredients to the wet, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Batter will be very thick. Stir in the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips as well as the sprinkles. Pour dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take out dough from refrigerator. Using a cookie scoop, roll out balls of dough using your hands. Place on an un-greased baking sheet (line with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat if you prefer.) Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Recipe will yield about 2 dozen (24 cookies). One serving is 2 cookies.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 24 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 28gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g