Healthy Caesar Dressing – The BEST Greek Yogurt Dressing recipe!
Forget the bottled stuff – this Healthy Caesar Dressing is way better than anything you buy off the shelf. This Greek yogurt dressing recipe is simple to make, tastes incredible and comes together in just minutes! Definitely the BEST Homemade Caesar Dressing around!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you love a good Caesar salad, you definitely need to know how to make your own homemade Caesar dressing. Don’t be intimidated – it’s actually super easy, and comes together in about 5 minutes! With simple ingredients that you likely already have in your refrigerator and pantry, this Greek yogurt dressing recipe not only tastes amazing, it’s WAYYYYYYY better than anything you would buy off the shelf at the grocery store.
Like this recipe? Be sure to pin it to your SALAD board on Pinterest!
Follow DelightfulEMade on Pinterest for some of the very best Healthy Living ideas!
Have you ever looked at the label of a store-bought salad dressing? Yeah, it’s kinda scary to see what they actually put in that bottled stuff. Ingredient like soybean & canola oil, high fructose corn syrup and all those other weird ingredients that no one knows how to pronounce have no business in your Caesar salad, let alone in your body.
Do yourself a huge favor! Take 5 minutes and make your own homemade Caesar dressing. Not only does it taste better than anything that sits on a shelf at the grocery store, it’s much, much better for you. That’s a win-win situation, my friends!
Here’s how this easy Healthy Caesar Dressing comes together:
Step 1: Gather up your ingredients for your Homemade Caesar Dressing
One of the many reasons I love making my own dressing is the fact that I usually have all of the ingredients on hand in my refrigerator or pantry. Here’s a quick run down of the ingredients you’ll need for your grocery list, if you don’t already have them on hand:
- Plain Greek yogurt (not vanilla)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (you can use the store-bought grated cheese, or grate your own)
- Extra-Virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice (the juice of 2 lemons)
- Dijon mustard
- Minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- Anchovie paste (You can find this in the same area as canned tuna. It usually comes in a tube.)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Step 2: Whisk together the Greek Yogurt Dressing in a bowl – no food processor or equipment needed!
One of the reasons I love this homemade Caesar dressing is the fact that it comes together in about 5 minutes! Yep, you heard that right – 5 minutes. It’s a matter of just measuring out your ingredients into a mixing bowl, and whisking together. No food processor or blender needed, unless you want to haul out your equipment and mix it that way.
Once you’ve given the dressing a good whisking, it’s ready to go on your salad! Easy, peasy!
Pro-Tip: Wanna save even more time? Put all of your ingredients into a quart-sized mason jar, stir together and add a tight-fitting lid. Shake the jar well for about 1 minute and your dressing is ready. Better yet, you don’t have to wash a mixing bowl and whisk. Winning at life, my friends!
Step 3: Dress your salad
My Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is absolutely amazing, and a better-for-you version of the standard pasta salad recipe. Because we are using a homemade Caesar Dressing that doesn’t have any additives or fake oils (ahem, I see you over-processed soybean oil!), you can be sure you’re putting better ingredients into your body, and serving your family a really tasty, healthy dinner.
Tools that I use and love for this recipe:
- These Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Amazon affiliate link) are amazing! (Pictured above) I got them when I first got married 17 years ago, and they’ve really stood the test of time. We use them all the time for cooking and baking, and they come in a set of several sizes. Highly recommend!
- For juicing the lemons, I use this fantastic Hand-Held Citrus Juicer. This guy is well-constructed and does a fantastic job with both lemons and limes (Hello there, fresh margaritas!)
Step 4: Refrigerate any leftover dressing
I will typically store my leftover dressing in a simple mason jar with a tight-fitting lid. You can refrigerate your dressing for up to 5 days.
Need a fantastic Italian Dressing recipe? Check out my friend Marcie’s recipe for Easy Homemade Italian Dressing! Like this homemade Caesar Dressing recipe, it’s made with simple ingredients and comes together in just minutes!
If you loved this delicious Homemade Caesar Dressing recipe, then be sure to check out some of my other similar Salad & Dressing recipes and ideas:
Creamy Broccoli Salad with Apples & Cherries ALSO with a delicious Greek Yogurt dressing!
Garden Vegetable Pasta Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing
Easy Greek Tortellini Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing
Healthy Egg Salad made with Greek Yogurt
Need some ideas for what to serve with Caesar Salad? These would be perfect!
Here’s the recipe for my delicious Homemade Caesar Dressing:
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 c. fresh-squeezed lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. anchovie paste
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- In a mixing bowl, add the yogurt, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, anchovie paste, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, garlic salt and pepper. Whisk well until all ingredients are combined.
- Add to your salad right away.
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing in an airtight container or mason jar with a tight-fitting lid for up to 5 days.
Make sure you are using plain Greek yogurt, not vanilla. My preferred brand of Greek yogurt is Fage.
You can find anchovie paste in the same section of the grocery store where you find canned tuna. It typically comes in a tube.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 837mgCarbohydrates: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g