This Blueberry Coconut Mojito is an amazing cocktail perfect for sipping on a hot day! Coconut rum along with muddled blueberries, mint leaves and coconut come together wonderfully to make this refreshing, delicious drink. A great beverage to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you remember the first time you tried a mojito? For me is was several years ago, and mojitos were becoming very popular on restaurant menus. My husband and I were at our favorite Tex-Mex place, and it was especially warm outside. Ordering a cold, refreshing cocktail was definitely in order.
The moment the cocktail hit the table, I knew I would love it! It’s very pretty with fresh, green mint leaves, and even the look of the cocktail says “cold….refreshing…laid-back.” This is exactly what a delicious mojito brings, and my Blueberry Coconut Mojito is no exception.
To make this delicious mojito, you’ll start with a cocktail shaker or mason jar. Add about 6-8 mint leaves, torn into pieces, along with fresh blueberries, and sweetened flake coconut.
In the jar or shaker, you’ll muddle these together. Muddle is just a fancy word for “crush together.” You can use a muddling tool, or feel free to use the end of a wooden spoon, which is what I’m using here. Muddling these ingredients together really brings out the flavors of the ingredients.
Next, pour in the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and club soda over the muddled ingredients and add a few ice cubes. Secure the lid on the jar or shaker, and shake for a few seconds.
Next, strain the cocktail into a glass, over ice and top with additional club soda. Feel free to garnish with additional blueberries, coconut and a sprig of mint leaves. You’ll have an amazing cocktail that is just as refreshing and delicious as it is pretty!
If you loved this refreshing cocktail, check out some of our other drink recipes:
- Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- Raspberry Margarita
- How to Make a Skinny Margarita
- Coconut Margarita
- Mango Margarita
- Pineapple Margarita
- Strawberry Lime Margaritas
- Ginger Peach Moscow Mule
- Skinny Malibu Pina Coladas
- Pina Colada Champagne Punch
- Watermelon Coconut Rum Punch
You’ll discover that this cocktail is perfect for Cinco de Mayo celebrations, and goes wonderfully with any Tex-Mex meal!
Here’s the easy recipe for my Blueberry Coconut Mojito:
- 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6-8 torn mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 - 2 oz. coconut rum, like Malibu
- 2 Tbsp. simple syrup
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 c. club soda, divided
- In a mason jar or cocktail shaker, add the blueberries, mint leaves, and coconut flakes, and muddle or crush together. Pour in the rum, simple syrup, lime juice and 1/2 c. of the club soda. Secure the lid, and shake together for a few seconds.
- In a cocktail glass with ice, strain the cocktail over the ice, and top with the remaining club soda. Garnish with additional blueberries, coconut and mint leaves. Enjoy right away.
Needless to say, that first mojito at the Tex-Mex restaurant was definitely not my last! I loved it so much, that I ordered another, and vowed that I would learn how to make mojitos at home. In addition to this delicious Blueberry Coconut Mojito, I’ve also made a Melon and Mint Mojito that is just as refreshing and delicious! Definitely make sure to give it a try, too!
I hope you get the opportunity to try my mojito recipes in the very near future. It’s the perfect drink to enjoy for Cinco de Mayo, or any time you want a cold, refreshing cocktail! Enjoy! ~Erin