The flavors of sweet, crunchy apples along with chewy, delicious Snickers bars come together in this classic Snickers Apple Salad recipe. Made with just six simple ingredients, this Snicker salad side dish is perfect for just about any occasion.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Did your mom make this sweet, creamy “salad” at one point? My mom definitely made this sweet and creamy Snickers Apple Salad. It was a great pot-luck dish to share with friends and family.
Made with just six ingredients, this simple pudding based creamy salad recipe has everything. Mixed together with crisp Granny Smith apples and chunks of Snickers candy bars, this simple side dish can be served as a dessert for just about any occasion.
What do I need to make Snicker salad?
Here’s a quick reference check list of the ingredients you’ll need to grab at the store for this simple Snicker salad recipe:
- Instant vanilla pudding mix – a 3.4 oz package
- Cool Whip whipped topping – thawed and ready to use
- Granny Smith Apples – the slightly tart, crispy apples are perfect in this recipe. However, you can also use almost any other variety of apples. Honey Crisp, Pink Lady and even Red Delicious are all great options.
- Snickers Candy Bars – 5 full sized candy bars
- Caramel ice cream topping – this is optional, but a great garnish and topping.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to the recipe card. Thanks!
How do I make Snickers apple salad?
- First, start by mixing together the pudding and milk. This creamy mixture will act as the base for the salad.
- Add in the container of thawed Cool whip and whisk together until well combined with the pudding mixture.
- Next, chop the apples into bite-sized chunks. Cut the Snickers candy bars into small pieces.
- Mix both the apples and Snickers pieces into the pudding mixture. Refrigerate and chill the salad until ready to serve.
- Optional, but super-delicious, drizzle the top of the salad with caramel ice cream topping.
Ingredient substitutions and recommendations:
- Apples – Granny Smith apples are great in this recipe, but you can also substitute other varieties like Honey Crisp, Pink Lady or Red Delicious.
- Cool Whip – yes, you can also use real whipped cream. However, I recommend making a stabilized whipped cream, that will hold up to the volume of the other ingredients in the salad.
- Caramel sauce – I used Smucker’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream Topping. This ingredient is optional, but a great addition, especially if you love the combination of caramel and apples.
Love cooking and baking with apples? Check out some of my other apple recipes:
- Healthy Apple Crumble
- Salted Caramel Apple Galette
- Apple Pie Tarts
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Apple Pie Bars
FAQ about making a Snickers Apple Salad recipe:
Snickers apple salad is best the same day it is made. Refrigerated, it will keep for 2-3 days. After a couple days, the apples will begin to brown and soften.
Yes, Snicker salad can be made in advance of an event or party. For best results, making the salad the same day as your event is ideal. Making the salad 2-3 hours in advance is best.
Yes, you can use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. You’ll need about 8 oz. of whipping cream whipped to stiff peaks. I recommend making stabilized whipped cream to ensure the salad stays creamy when the other ingredients are added to the salad.
Love sweet side dishes? Check out my other sweet salad and side recipes:
- 1 (3.4oz) pkg., instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 1 (8 oz.) carton, Cool Whip topping
- 5 medium Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 5 full-sized Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Whisk in the thawed Cool Whip topping. Mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Once apples and Snickers bars are chopped, fold into the pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Once ready to serve, transfer to a serving dish and top with a drizzle of the caramel topping.
Storage: this salad is best enjoyed the same day it is made. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container. Will keep for 2-3 days. Any longer and the apples will begin to brown and soften.
See post for ingredient substitutions and recommendations.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g