Amazing Peach Jello Pretzel Salad Recipe!
If you love the classic strawberry version, then this peach pretzel salad recipe is right up your alley! Made with a salty-sweet pretzel crust, a delicious cream cheese filling, and an amazing layer of peaches this jello pretzel salad is perfect for your next potluck, cookout or picnic.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The BEST Peach Pretzel Salad Recipe!
My family and I recently got back from our annual trip back to South Dakota. We travel back every summer to see family, enjoy some ball games, time on the Missouri river and lots of golf. Inevitably we always enjoy lots of delicious food, typically at potluck get-togethers and family picnics. This fantastic jello pretzel salad is one of those delicious dishes that’s perfect for any summer meal.
This amazing Peach Pretzel Salad is just like the classic strawberry version. I actually adapted my Cherry Jell-O Pretzel Salad to incorporate fresh summer peaches.
Here’s the simple steps to making this fantastic pretzel salad recipe:
Step 1: Make the Crust
This simple crust is made with just a few simple ingredients, and renders a wonderfully salty-sweet base to this salad. Here’s what you’ll need for this pretzel salad recipe:
- Pretzel sticks or twists
- Granulated sugar
- Melted Butter
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
You’ll start by crushing pretzels, and combining with granulated sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13″ pan, and bake for 10 minutes to set. Cool to room temperature.
Step 2: Make the Cream Cheese Layer
While the crust is cooling, you’ll then create this delicious, fluffy cream cheese layer. With a hand or stand mixer, you’ll mix together cream cheese, granulated sugar, and thawed whipped topping. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the cooled crust.
Important Note: Make sure to seal the filling all the way to the edges of the pan. This will create a seal for the jell-o that will go on top later, and also prevent the pretzel crust from getting soggy. Refrigerate the the cream cheese layer for about 30 minutes to set.
Step 3: Add Peaches
I recommend using fresh peaches in this jello pretzel salad recipe, however, if fresh peaches aren’t in season, feel free to use frozen or canned peaches. I really think the flavor of fresh peaches is second to none, and is a wonderful way to this fantastic summer produce.
If you are using fresh peaches, make sure they are peeled.
Be sure to layer the peaches evenly over the top of the cream cheese filling. This will ensure that every slice of this pretzel salad gets plenty of fruit.
Step 4: Pour the jello over the peaches
Once you’ve placed the peaches over the top of the cream cheese filling, you’ll then top the peaches with the peach jello. Note that in the recipe (below) you’ll begin by FIRST boiling the water and dissolving the jello mix.
The jello will then cool to room temperature, as you are making the other layers of this salad. If you forget to boil water and make the jello, no worries. Just refrigerate the pan until the jello has cooled to room temperature.
Once you’ve added the jello to the peaches, refrigerate the salad for at least 1-2 hours or until the jello has set completely.
Step 5: Slice and Serve the Pretzel Salad Recipe
Once the jello has set, you’ll have the most fantastic summer time treat! Serve this as a side dish or a wonderful summer dessert. Any way you have it, this fantastic pretzel salad recipe is a great way to enjoy the most amazing summer peaches!
Here’s a quick-reference grocery list of the ingredients you’ll need for this fantastic jell-o pretzel salad:
- Pretzel sticks
- Granulated Sugar
- Cream Cheese
- Frozen Whipped Topping (like Cool-Whip)
- Peach Jell-O Mix, (2, 3 oz. packages)
- Fresh Peaches – if fresh peaches are out of season, feel free to substitute frozen or canned peaches
Love anything peach? Yea, me too! Here are some of my favorite peach recipes:
Peach Crumble Tart at Real Housemoms
Here’s the easy recipe for this fantastic jell-o pretzel salad:
- 2 c. pretzel sticks, roughly crushed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 (8 oz. pkg.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz. container) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 c. granulated sugar
Peach Jell-o Layer:
- 2 (3 oz. pkg.) Peach Jell-o mix
- 2 c. boiling water
- 3 c. sliced and peeled, fresh peaches
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 9x13" pan, add the pretzels, sugar and melted butter. Stir together to coat, and then evenly press into the bottom of the pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- While crust is baking, empty jell-o mix into a bowl, and add boiling water. Stir to dissolve. Set jell-o aside to cool to room temperature.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and smooth. Gradually add in the whipping topping and mix until completely combined. Spread mixture evenly over the cooled crust, making sure filling is sealed to the sides of the pan. (This is important, as you don't wait the jell-o liquid to leak to the bottom of the crust making it soggy.) Refrigerate crust and cream cheese mixture for 30 minutes to set.
- While crust and filling layers are chilling, slice and peel the fresh peaches.
- Once the cream cheese layer is cool, add the peach slices. Pour the room temperature jell-o over the peaches. Chill for at least 1-2 hours or until jell-o is completely set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional pretzels, if desired. Slice into squares and enjoy!
If fresh peaches are out of season,feel free to use canned or frozen peaches.