This post has been sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. The recipe, photos, and opinions are 100% my own.
My Salted Caramel Apple & Almond Galette is as easy as pie and tastes even better! Made with a simple pie crust, fresh apples, and topped with Salted Caramel Almonds and a caramel drizzle this pastry is incredible!
I don’t know too many people that don’t like pie – in fact, I know none. My love for pie is probably just as diverse as the ways it can be made. My favorite pies are apple, peach, coconut cream, and chocolate silk just to name a few! They’re all quite different, yet they all involve a flakey crust. A galette is not any different. The only exception is that there is no pie plate or pie tin you have to worry about. This Salted Caramel Apple & Almond Galette is like a pie, but much simpler to make. Topped with delicious Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almond and a salted caramel drizzle, this pastry will knock your socks off and best of all, no pie plate necessary!
These delicious Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds are the perfect, crunchy compliment to the tender, juicy apples and flakey crust. The flavoring is perfect, and when baked into the pastry, it makes for the most amazing dessert!
I really enjoy making all types of galette’s and open faced pies. They’re so simple, as I typically go with a basic store-bought, refrigerated pie crust. This means literally unrolling the prepared crust, adding your fruit filling, folding over the sides and baking. It really couldn’t be easier!
Before putting the galette in the oven, I brushed the sides of the crust with an egg white, and sprinkled with sugar, to give it a nice crispy, golden texture. Once the pastry comes out of the oven, and cools, I then drizzle it with salted caramel sauce. Pretty enough for company or your Thanksgiving dinner, and simple enough for a weeknight at home watching TV.
Served warm, and topped with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, more caramel sauce and topped with additional Salted Caramel Almond, this dessert is incredible! Such an amazing treat!
Here’s how this show-stopping Salted Caramel Apple & Almond Galette comes together:
- 1- store bought, refrigerated pie crust, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sugar, plus 1 tsp. more for dusting
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- ¼ c. Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almond, roughly chopped, plus more for ice cream (if desired)
- 2 Tbsp. store bought salted caramel sauce, plus more for ice cream (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a flat baking or cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the sliced apples. Saute for about 5 minutes or until apples become soft. Remove pan from heat, and stir in the corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples. Let the apples cool for about 10 minutes.
- On the prepared baking sheet, roll out the crust. Add the cooled apple mixture to the center of the crust, leaving a 2" crust border. Top the apples with the chopped almonds. Fold the crust over the apples.
- In a small bowl, briskly whisk the egg white until frothy. Brush the egg white froth over the crust. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. sugar. Bake pastry for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Just before serving, drizzle with the salted caramel sauce.
- If desired, top with vanilla ice cream and additional caramel sauce and chopped almonds. Enjoy!
This dessert is the perfect fall treat or after-dinner dessert! It’s also the perfect way to enjoy fresh, fall apples from your farmers market or from your apple picking trip!