Wondering how to make turkey burgers in air fryer? You can do it AND it’s super easy! In fact, all you need is 8 minutes to cook these air fryer turkey burgers. Moist, juicy, flavorful and the perfect easy weeknight dinner idea!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you’ve recently purchased an air fryer, or if you’ve had one for a while, you know how big of a game-changer it can be for quick, healthy dinners. These healthy, easy air fryer turkey burgers are certainly no exception.
Making turkey burgers in air fryer is not only easy, but a great way to prepare a healthy dinner for you and your family. Turkey burgers are also a fantastic meal-prep option for healthy lunches to take to work.
What do I need to make turkey burgers in air fryer?
- Ground Turkey
- Greek yogurt (full fat 5% is ideal)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dried minced onion
- Dried parsley
- Garlic seasoning mix (more about what I use below)
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make air fryer turkey burgers?
- Start by mixing your ground turkey ingredients in a mixing bowl. You can do this with a rubber scraper or your hands. Just mix so that all ingredients are well incorporated.
- For the garlic seasoning mix, I like this Kinder’s Seasoning Salt Pepper and Garlic Blend. I bought this at Costco but you can also purchase from Amazon here.
- Next, shape your turkey burgers into 4 equal patties.
- When cooking in an air fryer, it is very helpful to “dimple” your burgers. This means pressing a small well into the center of each burger so they don’t puff-up into meatballs as they cook.
How long to cook turkey burgers in air fryer?
- For (4) 1″ thick burgers, 8 minutes at 375 is the ideal time to cook turkey burgers in an air fryer.
- Which air fryer? I use the Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer, which I highly recommend!
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the recipe at the bottom of the post. Thanks!
One of the most highly-rated, reviewed and LOVED air fryers on the market! The Ninja Max XL Air Fryer is one of the most used appliances in our kitchen, as we use it almost every day!
Love using your air fryer for quick dinner recipes? Here are some other quick dinner ideas using an air fryer:
- Air Fryer Brats
- Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Easy Salmon Tacos
- Maple Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Drumsticks Recipe
- Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
Frequently asked questions about air fryer turkey burgers:
Approximately 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees is the ideal time.
Approximately 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees is an appropriate time to cook frozen turkey burgers.
If the turkey burgers are already cooked, and you are just reheating, 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees is ideal. Any longer and the turkey will begin to dry out.
Because there is little fat content in ground turkey, adding some additional fat is key to keeping turkey burgers moist while they cook. I recommend adding 2 tablespoons of full-fat, plain Greek yogurt, but you can also use sour cream or mayonnaise.
Turkey burgers will dry out for a couple reasons; first, you have overcooked the burgers. Air-fry turkey burgers need only 8 minutes at 375, or grill over medium-high heat for 4 minutes a side. Any longer and turkey will become dry. Secondly, turkey has a very low fat content, so adding extra fat, like plain, full-fat Greek yogurt, will help turkey retain moisture.
Wondering what to serve with these air fryer turkey burgers? Here are some ideas:
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad
- Parmesan Ranch Steak Fries
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Greek Tortellini Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
If you loved this ground turkey recipe, check out some of these other similar recipes:
- 1 lb. ground turkey (94% lean is ideal)
- 2 Tbsp. plain, 5% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. dried, minced onions
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic seasoning mix, divided
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground turkey, yogurt, Worcestershire, onions, parsley, and 1/2 tsp. of the garlic seasoning blend. Reserve the other 1/2 tsp. of garlic seasoning for topping the burgers. Mix ingredients well with a rubber scraper.
- Divide meat mixture into 4 equal balls, and press into 1" thick round patties with your hands. In the center of each patty, create a "dimple", or 1" divot. This will help prevent the burgers from puffing up into meatballs. Sprinkle the remaining garlic seasoning on top of the burgers.
- Preheat your air fryer for 3 minutes at 375 degrees. (Depending on the air fryer you use, you may not need to do this. Preheating your air fryer is recommended if using a Ninja brand air fryer.) Once preheated, place burger patties in the bottom of the basket, and cook for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees. Note: for the Ninja XL air fryer, only 8 minutes was needed.
- Remove burgers from air fryer and top with your favorite burger toppings. Enjoy right away while warm.
Why yogurt? Turkey has a very low fat content, so adding some extra fat from plain full-fat Greek yogurt is helpful in keeping your burgers moist while they cook. If you don't have full-fat Greek yogurt, you can also use sour cream or mayonnaise.
Storing leftovers: refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Reheating: using an air fryer? Just 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees, at most, is all you need to reheat your turkey burgers. Microwave: 60-90 seconds to heat all the way through.
Grilling Directions: These turkey burgers can be easily grilled on an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill. Heat over med-high heat, and grill the burgers 4 minutes per side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1, 4 oz. burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 29g