This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HuntsFreshTwists #CollectiveBias
Fire up the grill, its time for some amazing burgers! Salsa made with delicious tomatoes, peppers, onions and garlic, along with pepper jack cheese bring serious flavor and freshness to our favorite summertime staple!
No cookout, summer pot-luck or back yard BBQ is complete with out a great burger! However, sometimes burgers get a little ordinary. I’ve got a sure-fire way to bring your regular, ordinary burgers to extraordinarily awesome! My Grilled Salsa Burgers will be a new summertime staple anytime you’re looking to grill some great burgers for your friends and family!
While I was at Walmart, I was able to stock up on all my burger and salsa essentials. I made sure to cruise through the canned tomato area and pick up some Hunts Diced Tomatoes. A can of Hunts Diced Tomatoes help making a quick salsa recipe a breeze. Print this Hunt’s coupon to use on your next Walmart shopping trip; Buy 3 Hunt’s Tomatoes any variety 6 oz or larger at Walmart and receive $1.00 in your Ibotta account. All 3 products must be purchased on the same shopping trip. Additionally, I stopped in the canning section of Walmart, where I grabbed a package of Mrs. Wages Salsa Mix. I love having this on hand for a quick and delicious seasoning for homemade salsa!
Making salsa at home, is not only easy, but a great way to bring in extra flavors, textures and freshness to your meal. Making salsa using Hunts Petite Diced Tomatoes makes the process quick and easy. I also added some diced green and yellow peppers, white onion, cilantro, garlic, vinegar and a couple tablespoons of the Mrs. Wages Salsa Mix for some extra seasoning. This is something that will literally come together while your burgers are cooking on the grill!
Once your burgers come off the grill, top with some slices of pepper jack cheese while they’re still hot. Cover with some foil for a couple minutes to let the cheese melt a bit, and to also help keep the juices in the burger. From here, you’re then ready to top your burgers with your homemade salsa!
Along with burger buns, and a few lettuce leaves, your burgers are then ready to be topped with the delicious salsa!
Here’s the easy recipe for these delicious Grilled Salsa Burgers:
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 4 slices, pepper jack cheese (or other cheese of your preference)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Salsa Recipe:
- 1 can Hunts Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 large green pepper (about 1/2 cup), diced
- 1/2 large yellow pepper (about 1/2 cup), diced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Mrs. Wages Salsa seasoning
- For the salsa: In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, green and yellow pepper, onion, cilantro, garlic, vinegar and seasoning. Stir to combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill to a medium high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire, mayonnaise, salt, chili powder and pepper. Mix well. Using your hands, press and pat four quarter pound patties, making sure to wash hands before and after handling the raw meat.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium and grill the burgers for about 5 minutes per side for a medium doneness. Add the pepper jack cheese, and remove from the grill. Cover with foil and let the burgers rest for a couple minutes to keep in the juices, and so the cheese melts.
- Add burgers to slices buns, and top with the prepared salsa. Enjoy!
These burgers will be perfect for your next backyard cookout, BBQ or summer get-together. They’re also a great way to treat dad on Fathers Day, and an excellent addition to your Forth of July party! Enjoy! ~Erin
What’s your favorite way to enjoy a salsa? Let me know your favorites! Check out our Hunts Social Hub to see more great salsa ideas!