Do you and your family have Pizza night every once in a while? As a kid I remember having pizza for dinner was such a treat. Mostly because it was one of the few times we were allowed to have soda with our meal. 🙂 I grew up in a small town, where the only place you could get pizza from the grocery store freezer, or your own oven. I still really enjoy a good homemade pizza, even though we now live in suburban Washington, DC where you can get a pizza delivered to your house within the hour.
This pizza is really the best of both worlds – the homemade flavors and the easy convenience. The recipe uses a store-bought refrigerated pizza dough, and BBQ sauce from a bottle. Obviously, you could easily make your own crust and sauce. However, there are some nights where you just need to get dinner on the table ASAP! This recipe only takes a few minutes to throw together and bakes in 20 minutes – the total time is still less than what it takes for the pizza delivery guy to get to our house. 🙂
This BBQ chicken pizza has really great, unique flavors. The spicy BBQ sauce goes wonderfully with the sweetness of the grapes. It adds wonderful texture along with the crisp crust and green onions.
- 1 (11oz) can refrigerated, thin crust pizza dough (like Pillsbury)
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 c. Barbecue Sauce (I like Stubbs)
- 1 1/2 c. red grapes, sliced in half lenghtwise
- 1 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a floured surface, add the pizza crust, and flatten out to a circle. If necessary, use a floured rolling pin to flatten. Spray a baking stone, pizza pan, or cookie sheet, with non-stick cooking spray, and add your flattened crust.
- To the crust, add the sauce and evenly spread, leaving about 1/2 in. space on the edges. Evenly disperse the grapes, chicken, garlic and cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before cutting. Add green onions before serving. Enjoy!
**This recipe was adapted from the cookbook Cooking Light: Comfort Food. To purchase this cookbook you can go to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cooking-light-comfort-food-cooking-light-magazine-editors/1102327050?ean=9780848734640