Not your ordinary appetizer! These Chili Cheese Potato Skins are loaded with thick, chunky chili, Colby jack cheese, and sour cream and go great with an ice cold beer!
As you probably already know, we are HUGE football fans! Weekends during the fall and early winter are always designated for watch college and NFL games. So during these weekends, I’ve come up with some delicious football-watching food. These Chili Cheese Potato Skins are one of our absolute favorites!
These potato skins are topped with my Loaded Slow Cooker Chili, along with plenty of Colby jack cheese, green peppers, sour cream and if you can handle the heat, jalapenos! A totally satisfying snack, and on more than one occasion have also served as dinner.
Making a big batch of these great, especially if you have friends coming over to watch the game. Baking the potatoes before hand, and having the chili ready to go, make these potato skins really easy to assemble and heat as your friends arrive.
Here’s the easy recipe for these yummy game-time treats:
- 3 large Russet potatoes, baked
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 c. chili
- 1 c. Colby Jack cheese
- sliced green onions (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced jalapenos (optional)
- For baking potatoes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly rinse the potatoes, and pierce the skin with a fork. Bake the potatoes directly on the rack (don't wrap with foil) for approximately 1 hour. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Quarter the potatoes length-wise and scoop out the interior of the potatoes, leaving a small layer of white potato and the skin. Brush the skins with melted butter on both sides. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Take the skins out of the oven and spoon on the chili (about 3 Tbsp. per skin) and sprinkle on the cheese (about 2 Tbsp. per skin), and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Transfer the skins to a serving dish, and top with your desired toppings. Enjoy right away.
These Chili Cheese Potato Skins are the perfect snack for watching the big game, or a fun snack to enjoy with your friends. I hope you enjoy these game time snacks as much as we have! Cheers!