Looking for a delicious dessert for your next party? This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie has a delicious chocolate & strawberry cream filling, topped with more strawberries and drizzled with chocolate! Its one decadent dessert that will satisfy any sweet-tooth!
On occasion, when we’re going to a friends house for a get-together, or having some friends over, I like to offer a delicious dessert. Pie is always a hit – ALWAYS! Especially when it includes chocolate and strawberries! This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie is the perfect dessert for when you want something that looks and tastes amazing!
The crust of this pie is actually a store-bought OREO crust. You could certainly make your own, however, when crunched for time, these pre-made crusts are a perfect solution! The filling is a delicious chocolate cream that includes diced strawberries. The strawberries bring a wonderful fresh flavor to the pie, and cut the richness a bit.
I topped the pie with fresh, sliced strawberries. Not only do they add a gorgeous color, but the flavor is also wonderful paired with the chocolate.
On top of the strawberries, I drizzled the pie with more chocolate. This is my favorite part of making the pie – I just went a little crazy (and made a bit of a mess) with the chocolate drizzle. Add as much or as little as you like. Once cooled, the chocolate drizzle adds a nice crunch to your bite. To finish it off, I also added a chocolate covered strawberry to the center of the pie. The chocolate and strawberries pair really well together, and make for one fantastic dessert!
Check out how easy this pie is to make. Here’s the easy recipe:
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie
This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie has a delicious chocolate & strawberry cream filling, topped with more strawberries and drizzled with chocolate! Its one decadent dessert that will satisfy any sweet-tooth!
- 1 (6 oz.) ready-made Oreo Crust
- 8 oz (1 brick) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can also use dark or milk chocolate)
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz.) container, whipped topping, thawed
- 1 c. chopped strawberries
- 1 1/2 c. sliced strawberries
- 4 oz. chocolate candy coating or chocolate chips (for drizzle)
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the cream and 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave for about 1 minute on 50% power. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, and beat until combined. With the mixer on low, add the thawed whipped topping, and mix until combined. Fold in the chopped strawberries by hand, and pour the filling into the Oreo crust. Smooth the filling evenly into the crust. Top the filling with the sliced strawberries, and drizzle with the melted chocolate candy coating (or chocolate chips). Refrigerate pie for at least 3-4 hours before serving. This will ensure the pie sets up. Refrigerate any leftovers.
This pie is a fantastic dessert for the holidays, and is great for when you’re having friends and family over to celebrate a special occasion.
My recipe is a part of the Merry Berry Blog Hop. Here are some addition berry recipes that are sure to please!
‘); // ]]>
Speak Your Mind