Thanksgiving Turkey Casserole
This Thanksgiving leftover casserole is made into the most amazing dish! Stuffing, turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and cheese baked into one glorious casserole perfect for enjoying after the big feast!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The BEST Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
Yesterday we hosted Thanksgiving dinner here at our house. My husbands family arrived from all over the country, and we were so happy to have everyone together for this special day. It is definitely my favorite holiday to celebrate, not only for the amazing food, but also for the fact that we especially focus on the blessings in our lives and all that we have to be grateful for.
Once the dishes are washed, and the pie has been put away, we come to realize that we often have lots and lots of leftover food! I typically make a traditional meal with a several delicious sides like mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, along with salad, dinner rolls and a few different pies. It was probably far too much food for 7 people, but what’s Thanksgiving without your favorite foods to enjoy?
Today (the Friday after Thanksgiving) I decided to put all of our leftovers to good use, and treat my in-laws to this outstanding Thanksgiving Turkey Casserole!
This casserole bakes up beautifully, and it’s like you’re being treated to Thanksgiving dinner all over again! My in-laws and I absolutely loved this casserole! The texture and flavors were amazing, and such a great way to enjoy another meal together as a family.
While doing my Thanksgiving shopping at local Safeway just down the street, I made sure to pick up a jar of Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise. It’s not only essential to have for turkey sandwiches the next day, but also a key ingredient in Hellmann’s Thanksgiving Turkey Casserole. I love Safeway, as it always has every ingredient I need, especially during the holidays. If you don’t have Safeway close by, be sure to check out Vons-Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, CARRS-Safeway, or Albertsons: Jewel-Osco, United, Shaws/Star Market, or Acme.
Here’s how to make this easy Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole:
This casserole is super-simple to put together using the leftovers that you already have on hand from your Thanksgiving meal.
You’ll start with a layer of stuffing, topped with turkey, you’ll then spread on a cranberry-mayonnaise layer. From here you’ll add a layer of potatoes and cheese, and then top with more stuffing.
Once you spoon out a helping of this delicious casserole, you’ll have a hard time not going back for seconds! I really loved the cranberry-mayonnaise layer, as it added such a nice complimentary flavor to the dish.
Do you love cooking with cranberries? Check out some of my other cranberry recipes and ideas:
- Cranberry Salad with Pecans
- Healthy Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Moscow Mules
- Saint Nickarita Christmas Margarita
- How to Make Dried Cranberries Recipe
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
I enjoyed some of my Harvest Salad with Pears and Pomegranates with the Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole. This was truly one of the best uses of leftovers I think I’ve ever made!
Love the flavors of Thanksgiving? Here are some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes:
Here’s the easy recipe for this Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole:
- 4 cups leftover prepared stuffing, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped leftover cooked turkey (about 1 lb.)
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray medium baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Spoon in 2 cups stuffing, then top with turkey.
- Combine 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Evenly spread on turkey, then top with remaining 2 cups stuffing.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired, with dried cranberries.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3199Total Fat: 223gSaturated Fat: 49gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 6805mgCarbohydrates: 216gSugar: 34gProtein: 79g
I was compensated for this post on behalf of Unilever. All opinions are 100% my own.