Everything you love about cherry cheesecake in one glorious milkshake! Cold ice cream blended together with fresh cherries and a few other goodies makes this milkshake the perfect treat after a hot day!
One of my favorite things to indulge in, especially during the summer is ice cream. When we were kids, having a shake or malt was a treat that was always treasured, especially to enjoy outside on the porch at the end of a hot day. My son continues this tradition and is a huge smoothie and shake lover, so we’re always trying new combinations. We recently came up with this Cherry Cheesecake Shake that is out-of-this-world fantastic!
These shakes are made with cream soda – blended with the cherries, cream cheese and ice cream, and then topped with a big scoop of ice cream and then another splash of the soda. I also include a splash of almond extract, as the almond flavor goes great with the cherries. A mix between a float and a shake, they are perfect for an after-dinner dessert at the end of a hot day!
The cream cheese makes these shakes extra creamy, and goes great with the tartness of the cherries. Definitely dessert worthy, and very easy to make. Enjoying these on the porch, deck or patio is a great way to enjoy a summer night!
Creamy, smooth, fruity and delicious – here is how these fantastic shakes come together:
- 2 c. vanilla ice cream, + 2 scoops
- ¾ c. fresh or frozen cherries
- 2 oz. cream cheese (1/4 of 8 oz. package)
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle, cream soda
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- In a blender, add the 2 c. ice cream, cherries, cream cheese and ¾ of the bottle of cream soda, and almond extract. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses until ¾ full, top with a scoop of ice cream, and additional cream soda.
- Garnish with a cherry. Enjoy right away.
- Makes 2 large shakes or 3 medium.
Now that the weather is getting warmer, blend up some of these shakes and enjoy with your friends and family. Better yet, take them outside and enjoy at the end of the day. It’s one of my favorite ways to savor the flavors of summer.