Salted Caramel Apple Galette
This Salted Caramel Apple Galette is as easy as pie and tastes even better! Made with a simple pie crust, fresh apples, and topped with salted caramel and almonds and a caramel this pastry is a fantastic dessert for when you’re in the mood for pie!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I don’t know too many people that don’t like pie – in fact, I know none. My love for pie is probably just as diverse as the ways it can be made. My favorite pies are apple, peach, coconut cream, and chocolate silk just to name a few! They’re all quite different, yet they all involve a flakey crust.
What’s the difference between a pie and a galette?
A galette and pie are made of the same ingredients in a pie crust. A galette is made on a flat pan surface with the bottom crust folded over the fruit tilling. There is no pie plate or pie tin when making a galette.
Whereas, a pie is made in a deep-dish pie tin or baking dish. This Salted Caramel Apple Galette is like a pie, but much simpler to make. Topped with delicious chopped almonds and a salted caramel drizzle, this pastry will knock your socks off and best of all, no pie plate necessary!
I really enjoy making all types of galette’s and open faced pies. They’re so simple, as I typically go with a basic store-bought, refrigerated pie crust. This means literally unrolling the prepared crust, adding your fruit filling, folding over the sides and baking. It really couldn’t be easier!
How do I make the crust of a galette crisp on top?
Before putting the galette in the oven, I brushed the sides of the crust with an egg white and sprinkle with sugar. With will help the top of the crust become golden brown, tender with a slight crispness.
Once the pastry comes out of the oven, and cools, you can then drizzle the top with caramel sauce. Pretty enough for company or your Thanksgiving dinner, and simple enough for a weeknight at home watching TV.
Served warm, and topped with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, more caramel sauce and topped with additional chopped almonds, this dessert is incredible. Such an amazing treat that is perfect for fall, or anytime you’re in the mood for apple pie, but don’t want to wait!
If you loved this delicious apple galette, here are some other pie and tart recipes that you are sure to love:
- Blueberry Tarts
- Dutch Apple Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Crumble
- Cherry Almond Crumble Tart
- Dutch Apple Tart
- Pumpkin Pie Tarts
- Apple Pie Tarts
If apples are your favorite fall treat, check out some of my other apple recipes:
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Healthy Apple Crumble
- Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid
- Apple Cider Cake
- Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
- Cinnamon Apple Crumble Bread
- Frosted Apple Cinnamon Snack Cake
Here’s the recipe for my show-stopping Salted Caramel Apple Galette:
Salted Caramel Apple & Almond Galette
My Salted Caramel Apple & Almond Galette is as easy as pie and tastes even better! Made with a simple pie crust, fresh apples, and topped with Salted Caramel Almonds and a caramel drizzle this pastry is incredible!
- 1- store bought, refrigerated pie crust, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sugar, plus 1 tsp. more for dusting
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 c. Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almond, roughly chopped, plus more for serving (if desired)
- 2 Tbsp. salted caramel ice cream topping, plus more for serving (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a flat baking or cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the sliced apples. Saute for about 5 minutes or until apples become soft. Remove pan from heat, and stir in the corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples. Let the apples cool for about 10 minutes.
- On the prepared baking sheet, roll out the crust. Add the cooled apple mixture to the center of the crust, leaving a 2" crust border. Top the apples with the chopped almonds. Fold the crust over the apples.
- In a small bowl, briskly whisk the egg white until frothy. Brush the egg white froth over the crust. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. sugar. Bake pastry for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Just before serving, drizzle with the salted caramel sauce.
- If desired, top with vanilla ice cream and additional caramel sauce and chopped almonds. Enjoy!
Galette serves 6.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
This post has been sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. The recipe, photos, and opinions are 100% my own.
This dessert is the perfect fall treat or after-dinner dessert! It’s also the perfect way to enjoy fresh, fall apples from your farmers market or from your apple picking trip!
Speak Your Mind