Donuts and cinnamon rolls come together for the most amazing breakfast treat! Orange zest, chopped pecans and a delicious orange glaze top these easy-to-make donuts, perfect for warming up on a cold morning.
Now that its January, my son has had a snow-day every week this month. On those snow days when its cold, a warm, delicious treat from the oven is the perfect way to start the day. These Orange Pecan Cinnamon Roll Donuts are the perfect way to warm up on those days when the temperature drops. The donuts are made with just a few simple ingredients, and are ready in moments.
I’ve begun to really love making donuts at home. They’re the perfect way to enjoy donuts without leaving the house. Baking up a half dozen is also a great way to enjoy a morning treat without getting out of your pajamas! Which, in my opinion, is the only way to go when enjoying a snow day at home!
You’ll need just a few ingredients to make these amazingly simple sweet treats. You’ll start with a tube of Pepperidge Farm Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls and 100% Florida Orange Juice. You can find both of these in the refrigerator section at your local Walmart. The rolls are found in the refrigerator section with the biscuits and cookie dough, and the Orange Juice is found in the refrigerator section with the juices and milk.
Along with the Pepperidge Farm sweet rolls and 100% Florida Orange Juice, you’ll need some orange zest, and a bit of sugar for the donuts. Here is the step-by-step process to creating these easy-to-make donuts:
To create the donuts, you’ll unroll the rolls and cut the long strips into 1″ chunks. I used my kitchen shears to snip the strips right into a mixing bowl. I then added the pecans, sugar, orange juice, and orange zest, and stirred just enough to coat the dough. From here I added the coated cinnamon roll pieces into the donut pan. A singe batch makes the perfect amount for 6 full sized donuts.
Once the donuts come out of the oven, simply drizzle on the glaze, and don’t be shy! As the donuts cool, they will absorb the glaze, so be sure to give each and every one a healthy amount of that delicious orange frosting! 😉
I have to say that these donuts are pretty spectacular! If you love fresh, orange flavor along with pastries, you’ve gotta try these donuts. Here’s the easy recipe:
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Caramel Pecan Sweet Rolls (omitting the caramel sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. 100% Florida Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Zest of 1/2 orange (about 2 tsp. of zest)
- chopped pecans, included with the package of sweet rolls
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. 100% Florida Orange Juice
- Zest of 1/2 orange (about 2 tsp of zest)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a regular sized donut pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Remove the cinnamon roll dough from the package, and remove the pecans and caramel sauce. (You will need the pecans, but can omit the caramel sauce.) Unroll the cinnamon roll dough. Using kitchen shears, snip the roll strips into 1" squares or chunks into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle the dough with the 1 Tbsp. juice, sugar, orange zest and chopped pecans. Stir together to coat the dough. Add the dough mixture into the donut pan, and bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, mix the glaze by combining the powdered sugar, orange juice and orange zest. Stir until fully combined and smooth.
- Once the donuts come out of the oven, drizzle with the glaze. Enjoy while warm.
A glass of 100% Florida Orange Juice is the perfect compliment to these flavorful donuts. The crunch from the pecans along with the orange zest, make these cinnamon roll donuts fabulous! That orange frosting is also wonderfully complimentary to the tender, delicious cinnamon roll dough. The donuts really are the perfect way to start a snow-day at home with your family. It looks like we may have another snow storm on the way, so I’ll be sure to have another batch of these delicious donuts in the oven to warm up our day. Enjoy! ~Erin
Do you have a delicious way to start a snow-day? What do you love to eat at home when the weather gets cold and blustery?
If you like these Orange Pecan Cinnamon Roll donuts, then you’ll love these other donut recipes on Delightful E Made: