Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Crumble
Even easier than pie, these Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Crumble are the perfect fall dessert! Made with a simple oatmeal brown sugar crust, and topped with an amazing pecan crumble, these Pumpkin Crumble Bars will be even more popular than the classic pie!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Best recipe for Pumpkin Pie Bars!
I’m always on the lookout for awesome fall desserts. I love those fresh-baked flavors of fall, and the wonderful aroma of cinnamon and spices that come with these amazing treats. Pumpkin desserts are my definitely my love language and are perfect for serving from September all the way through Christmas! With this in mind, I knew Pumpkin Pie Bars were next on my fall baking list!
These yummy Pumpkin Crumble Bars were inspired by a few things. I knew I wanted to mimic the flavors of the classic pumpkin pie, but I also wanted the ease of a bar, particularly one with a simple crust. I decided to adapt my Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bar recipe, by adding a creamy, delicious pumpkin pie filling and adding crunchy pecans to the top. The results were spectacular, and yielded this amazing Pumpkin Pie Bars!
Step 1: Start with the Crust
This crust recipe is really simple to make and comes together in moments. Simply mix together the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl. Then, add the melted butter to the mixture stirring together until crumbly and completely incorporated.
Firmly press 3/4 of the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9×13″ pan, making sure to reserve the remaining 1/4 for the topping.
Step 2: Add the Pumpkin Filling
Mix the pumpkin pie filling together by whisking the granulated sugar, pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla together until smooth. Pour the filling over the prepared crust. (No need to pre-bake the bottom crust. This will bake with the filling.) Bake the crust and filling at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Add Chopped Pecans to the Remaining Crust
To the remaining 1/4 of reserved crust, you’ll then add the chopped pecans. Set this pecan mixture aside, as it will be added once the pumpkin bars bake for 20 minutes. Adding the topping later helps ensure the pecans don’t over-brown and so the topping doesn’t sink into the pumpkin filling.
Once the bars have baked for 20 minutes, evenly add the pecan/crust topping over the top of the pumpkin filling. Continue to bake the bars for another 15 minutes, until the top crust is lightly browned and the pumpkin filling is set.
Your house will fill with the amazing aromas of fall, cinnamon and pumpkin! Once these bars come out of the oven, let them come to room temperature before cutting into squares.
Can I make these pumpkin crumble bars in advance?
- Yes, definitely. I would recommend making these the day before your event or dinner. For example, if you’re making for your Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, make on Wednesday. Once these cool after coming out of the oven, cover loosly with foil, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The creamy, delicious pumpkin pie filling is the perfect match with the oatmeal brown sugar crust and crunchy pecans!
What should I serve these pumpkin pie bars with?
- These pumpkin pie bars are fantastic topped with fresh whipped cream. Other delicious options are whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. Additionally, I always put on a fresh pot of coffee anytime I’m serving a holiday dessert. These bars would also be fantastic served with one of my White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
Here’s a quick-reference grocery list of the ingredients you’ll need to make these Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Crumble. Please Note, the FULL RECIPE with exact ingredient amounts and directions is listed blow. (Just keep scrolling down)
- Old-Fashioned or Quick Oatmeal
- All-Purpose Flour
- Light Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree (1 15 oz. can)
- Evaporated Milk (1 12 oz. can)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
(For full recipe amounts and directions, reference the complete recipe below.)
Need a little more pumpkin inspiration? Check out some of my other delicious pumpkin dessert recipes:
Here’s the recipe for my delicious Pumpkin Pie Bars:
Crust and Topping:
- 2 1/4 c. Old Fashioned or Quick oatmeal (dry, uncooked)
- 2 1/4 c. All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks), melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 (15 oz. can) Pumpkin Puree
- 1 (12 oz. can) Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust: In a mixing bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Melt the butter, and pour over mixture. Stir together until completely incorporated and crumbly.
- To a 9x13" pan, add 3/4 of the crust mixture, and press firmly to the bottom of the pan. (The bottom of a measuring cup works well.) Make sure to reserve the remaining 1/4 of the crust, as you'll use this for the topping.
- For the pumpkin filling: In a mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth and all ingredients are incorporated. Pour over the top of the pressed crust. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- While the crust and pumpkin filling bake, chop the pecans and add to the remaining 1/4 of the crust mixture.
- Once the bars have baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven. Top the pumpkin evenly with the pecan/crust crumble. Bake the bars for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let bars come to room temperature before slicing.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
Bars are best served chilled. They are easier to cut when cold, and will yield a more uniform square.
Great served with whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 20 bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 34gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g