In my opinion, nothing says summer like a really great smoothie or shake. This smoothie delivers excellent texture, flavor, and just the perfect amount of sweetness.
This smoothie is ideal for breakfast or a great snack for you and the kids on a hot afternoon. With just a bit of prep before hand it literally takes about 5 minutes to have this cool, frosty drink in hand.
You can also adapt this drink making it a fabulous cocktail and wonderful to sip on the patio at the end of a great summer day.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 large bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 c. pineapple, frozen (you can use fresh or canned) + extra for garnish
- 1 c. light coconut milk (use regular milk, if you don’t have coconut milk available)
- 1 1/2 c. plain, greek yogurt (I like Fage)
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 3 Tbsp. shredded, sweetened coconut + more for garnish
- Add all ingredients into the blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy right away
You’ll find that you don’t need any additional sweetener, as the pineapple, banana and coconut do the job.
Adaptation for Pina Colada Cocktail:
substitute 1 1/2 c. vanilla ice cream, for the greek yogurt
add 2-3 oz. of Malibu Rum (add more or less depending on how strong you like it)
Blend and serve.
Cheers for a happy summer!