These Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops are AMAZING! Perfectly seasoned, juicy, delicious and ready in under 30 minutes, making it the perfect dinner option any night of the week. Coated with an apple cider glaze, and grilled to perfection, these sweet and savory chops are perfect any time you’re in the mood for meat!
My 6-year-old son Harrison just began the school year, and the start of first grade. Don’t get me wrong, our summer was great, but I was really looking forward to getting back into our regular school year routine. This is also the second year that Harrison is playing fall flag football, which means two nights a week we have football practice in the early evening. On those practice nights we tend to have something quick either before or after practice. On nights we don’t have practice, I make it a point to have dinner at the table so we can reconnect as a family and talk about our day. These Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops are the perfect weeknight dinner for a family to reconnect during the week.
Pork Chops are fantastic for a great, easy-to-make family dinner. We love pork at our house, and I cook and grill with it often. Pork is healthy and lean, it’s easy to cook, versatile, and best of all its really economical!
I adapted this recipe from what I normally use for grilled pork loin, and with the apple cider glaze, these chops turn out juicy, and delicious! The spice rub seasons the pork perfectly, and as it grills you brush the chops with the apple cider glaze, which really gives the pork amazing flavor! While grilling these bone-in chops, I also threw on some halved apples brushed with the cider glaze. These were a perfect side with the pork chops!
Have I mentioned that these are super-easy to make, especially for a weeknight? I start the apple cider glaze in the sauce pan, light the grill, and cover the chops with the spice rub. By this time the cider has come to a simmer, and the chops are ready to go on the grill. Depending on the thickness of the chop, they only need about 10-12 minutes to grill on medium /medium-high heat. When I initially put the chops on the grill I will liberally brush with the cider glaze, and let cook for about 6 minutes. I then flip, and brush the other side with the glaze, wait a couple minutes, flip, and glaze again. Do this a few times to really get a great glaze on the chops. The more you glaze, the more flavor you’ll get on the chops. They will turn out so amazingly juicy and delicious!!
If you don’t have an outdoor gas or charcoal grill, no worries. You can certainly use an indoor grill pan. If you’re using a grill pan, you’ll use the same technique, just be sure to adequately oil the pan, and set it on medium-high heat. Depending on the thickness of the chop (these were about 3/4″ thickness), you’ll cook for about 10-12 minutes total.
Here are a few of the grilling tools I use to make these fantastic Pork Chops: (affiliate links below)
- Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 500 3-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill This is the grill I’ve been using for about 4 years. My husband got it for me for my birthday, and I’ve been in love with it ever since! We use it pretty much all year-round, and grill everything from these pork chops, to burgers, steaks, chicken, and even pizza. It’s grills evenly and you can control the heat well. I can’t recommend this grill enough!
- Grillaholics BBQ Grill Tools Set – 4-Piece – Lifetime Guarantee – Heavy Duty Stainless-Steel Utensils – Premium Grilling Accessories for Barbecue – Spatula, Tongs, Fork, and Basting Brush A good quality set of grill tools is a must! I love this set, as all four items come in really handy. I especially love the basting brush, as it’s great for basting the chops with the apple cider glaze in this recipe.
- Grill Daddy Pro Grill Brush – Cleans BBQ Easily with the Power of Steam without Harmful Chemical Solutions – For Use on All Stainless Steel, Iron & Porcelain Barbecue Grates This grill brush is my new favorite grilling tool! Because it cleans with steam, you’re not having to use chemicals to clean your grill grates. Cleaning your grill is important in order to keep it operating safely and effectively. Investing in a good grill brush is imperative for your grill standing the test of time.
- Lodge LDP3 Double Play Reversible Grill/Griddle, 9.5″ x 16.75″ If you don’t have the space for an outdoor gas or charcoal grill, having a good quality grill plate is a nice kitchen tool to cook your pork chops. I have one that I use if the weather is especially bad outside (or if I’ve run out of propane.) I like the reversible version, as I like making pancakes and sausage on the griddle side. It’s a really versatile kitchen tool!
Here’s the recipe for these amazing Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops:
- 1½ lbs (one package) Bone-in Pork Chops
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ c. apple cider
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- Light your gas or charcoal grill and heat to medium high heat.
- In a small saucepan, prepare the glaze by combining the apple cider, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt. Bring to a simmer. While the cider comes to a simmer, prepare the pork rub. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly with a fork. Add the oil to the spice mixture. It will be the consistency of a crumbly paste. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels, and then cover the chops on all sides with the spice rub.
- Put the spice covered pork chops on the heated grill, and thoroughly brush with the cider glaze. Grill for about 6 minutes. Flip the chops and thoroughly brush with the glaze on the other side. Grill for about 2 more minutes, flip and brush again. Repeat this process until the chops cook for 10-12 minutes total, and reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Its okay for pork to have a little pink in the middle.
- If you're also grilling apples, brush the halved apples with glaze and grill for about 5-6 minutes. No need to flip. Serve along with the chops.
In under 30 minutes you’ll have some amazingly juicy, flavorful and delicious pork chops! And if you have a busy family like mine, extra time at the table to talk, and enjoy the conversations that you and your kids have is so important. There are few things I love more than sitting down with my guys and really getting to hear all they experienced at school, playing with friends, and what they’re looking forward to the next day. Reconnecting with my family at the end of a busy day is something really important in our lives. Having a easy, delicious and healthy meal to go along with it is a bonus! I hope you and your family enjoy these Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops as much as we have.