The EASIEST Taco Cups Recipe!
These Easy Taco Cups will be your new favorite appetizer! Loaded with all your Tex-Mex favorites, this Mini Tacos recipe will be perfect for enjoying with friends at your next game day watch party.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The BEST Homemade Mini Tacos Recipe!
Do you love mini tacos, but not all the junk ingredients that come with in the frozen, processed version? These taco cups are the an amazing option and the perfect homemade mini tacos recipe!
Made with simple ingredients, these taco cups are perfect as an appetizer or make a big batch to enjoy for dinner on Taco Tuesday!
Here’s how to make this Mini Tacos recipe
These simple mini tacos are way better than anything that comes frozen in a box. Made with Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans, seasoned ground beef, Mexican blend cheese, and topped with Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, they make the perfect game time snack!
Here are the simple steps to making these awesome Taco Cups
Step 1: Buy Your Ingredients
Here is a quick shopping list of everything that you need for this recipe:
- Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (near the canned tomatoes) Original
- Tortillas (I used 4 burrito sized tortillas)
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning – I would highly recommend my Homemade Taco Seasoning! Tastes even BETTER than store-bought!
- Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cilantro (optional)
(For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post for the recipe. Thanks!)
Step 2: Cut the tortillas and place in muffin tins
Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin or cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray. I then used about 4 large burrito sized tortillas, and cut out small round circles with a 4″ round cookie cutter. As you can see from the photo above, I then placed the round tortilla piece over the top of the muffin cup, and pressed the tortilla down with a juice glass. This worked really well, and the tortillas stayed in place nicely.
Next, in a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef. Drain off any excess fat, and add the taco seasoning and water. Cook for another couple minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 3: Fill and Assemble the Mini Tacos
Start by placing a teaspoon of the Rosarita Original Refried Beans in the bottom of each tortilla, and spread evenly. Then, add a spoonful of the seasoned ground beef. Then top each mini taco with a heaping tablespoon of cheese.
Bake the mini tacos for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden brown.
Step 4: Remove from pan and top the Taco Cups
Once the taco cups come out of the oven, let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer the tacos to a plate or serving tray, and top with a spoonful of Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies. The Ro*Tel really adds some fantastic flavor to the tacos.
These mini tacos are fantastic snack for watching the big game! This recipe makes 24 mini tacos which is perfect for feeding all of your hungry fans.
If you loved this fantastic Tex-Mex appetizer, make sure you check out some of my other game-time snacks!
- Cream Cheese Jalapeno Popper Bean Dip
- Hot Queso Blanco Dip
- Classic Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Southwestern Corn Salsa
- Loaded Guacamole
- Parmesan & Mozzarella Meatball Sliders
Looking for some Main Dish Ideas to go with your appetizers? Check these out:
- Healthy Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Healthy Easy Taco Casserole
- Grilled Steak Fajitas
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Ground Beef Tacos Recipe
- Mexican Shredded Beef Barbacoa
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
Here’s the delicious recipe for my Easy Taco Cups:
- 4 large flour tortillas (burrito-sized)
- 1 c. Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp. (or one envelope) taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 c. Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes with Diced Chilies
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Using a 4" round cookie cutter, cut 24 round tortillas. Place each tortilla round over the top of the muffin cup, and press into the cup with a glass. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in medium skillet. Drain off any excess grease. Add the taco seasoning, and 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium high heat for 2 more minutes. Set aside.
- Assemble mini tacos by adding 1 teaspoon of the Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans into the bottom of each tortilla, and spread to cover the bottom of the cup. Then, top with a tablespoon of seasoned ground beef. Top each cup with a tablespoon of Mexican blend cheese. Bake the assembled mini tacos at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from muffin tin, and transfer to plate or serving tray. Top with a spoonful of Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes with Diced Chilies, and sour cream and cilantro, if desired. Enjoy while warm.
If you have two, 12-cup muffin or cupcake pans, assemble and bake all of the mini tacos at once. If you have just a single pan, you will need to bake two separate batches.
One serving: 3 taco cups
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 24 taco cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 2g
This post is sponsored by Mirum. Recipe, photos and opinions are 100% my own. #ad #WinTheCrowdWM