This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EverydayEffortless #CollectiveBias
A quick, easy & delicious pasta dish everyone will love! Perfect as a fast, weeknight meal this Penne Chicken Alfredo with Bacon is made with Barilla Pronto Pasta and Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Strips, taking the extra prep work out of cooking, and giving you extra time with your family at the table!
As much as I love having my son back in school, I have to admit the schedule is daunting to say the least! Our calendar is packed with his regular Tae Kwon Do class, fall baseball practices and games, Fife and Drum Corps rehearsals at his school, and then top off the daily school schedule, carpool, and activities, it quickly becomes chaos! It’s not uncommon for us to have practices, games and activities almost daily, so getting a QUICK dinner on the table at the end of the day is essential. Having dinner as a family at the end of the day is not only important to feed our bodies, its important to catch up and reconnect after a busy day.
At my regular trip to Walmart, I wanted to stock up on essentials that help make cooking quick, simple and delicious for busy nights. I picked up a couple ingredients that will make cooking a snap – these Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Strips and Barilla Pronto Penne Pasta, which is a no-boil, no-drain pasta that is DONE cooking in minutes! Quick, simple and delicious!!
Both of these ingredients are awesome to have on hand! I love these Chicken Breast Strips, not only for quick cooking options, but also to top my salads, or make a quick, protein-packed sandwich or quesadilla for lunch or a snack. I also appreciate the fact that this chicken is All-Natural and has no added hormones, steroids and no preservatives. The New Barilla Pronto Pasta is amazing!! It cooks perfectly in 10 minutes, and really cuts down on the time it takes to make a hot, delicious pasta dish. I can’t wait to try the spaghetti and rotini as well! Both of these products can also be microwaved for an even quicker meal solution! Nice, right?!
I couldn’t believe how EASY it was to cook this pasta! You literally pour the pasta into the pan, add water, set your burner on high, and cook for 10 minutes. The pasta cooks to a impeccable al-dente, and is then immediately ready for your favorite sauce. No waiting for a big pot of water to boil, and no draining the pasta. While the pasta is cooking, I made a quick, easy Alfredo sauce to go along with the grilled chicken strips, and added bacon for a complimentary, savory flavor. From start to finish, this pasta dinner came together in less than 20 minutes!
If you have kids that love mac and cheese, have them give this a try! My home made Alfredo sauce is made with just a few simple, easy ingredients along with plenty of Parmesan-Reggiano cheese. When this sauce is tossed together with the pasta, chicken and bacon you’ll discover that you’ll have a restaurant quality pasta dish in a matter of moments right at home!
You can simply toss the pasta, sauce, chicken and bacon in the skillet and serve OR you can add the pasta to your oven-safe dishes, add some extra cheese on top, and put in the oven for about 5 minutes. This will add an additional layer of cheesy goodness to your already delicious pasta! I also love the way the melted Parmesan cheese becomes a bit golden for the perfect hot pasta dish.
As long as your dishes are oven-safe, which most are, these become the perfect serving vessel for this yummy pasta! When the dishes come out of the oven, let them sit for a couple minutes, so the kiddos (or grown-ups!) don’t burn their fingers.
Here’s the recipe for this quick, easy & delicious Penne Chicken Alfredo with Bacon:
- 1 box (12 oz) Barilla Pronto Penne Pasta
- 2 c. Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips (thawed), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 strips, cooked bacon, chopped
- Alfredo Sauce:
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1½ c. half and half
- 1 c. shredded Parmesan-Reggiano cheese, plus more for topping
- fresh ground pepper, to taste (6-8 grinds of pepper grinder)
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, add the Barilla Pronto Pasta, 3 c. water, and a bit of salt to taste. Following the directions on the package, set burner on high, and cook for 10 minutes. No need to drain.
- While pasta cooks, in a separate skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour to the melted butter and whisk for about 2 minutes. Add the half and half and continue to whisk until it thickens, in about 5 minutes. Add the cheese, and stir until melted. Stir in the pepper and nutmeg.
- Once the pasta finishes cooking, add the Alfredo sauce, chopped chicken, and bacon. Fold the ingredients together until the Alfredo sauce coats all ingredients. Serve directly from skillet, or add to baking dishes, and top with additional Parmesan cheese, and heat in preheated 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden brown. Let dishes cool before serving. Enjoy!
As you can see, this pasta dish is perfect for any night of the week. Its perfect for even the busiest nights, especially when you don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. I hope you’re able to navigate the busy school schedules and activities and come together as a family at the end of a busy day. Reconnecting with your family over a quick, delicious pasta dinner is the perfect way to hear about the fun, exciting adventures that the new school year brings! Enjoy ~Erin
Looking for some additional quick & easy chicken and pasta meals? Check out this YouTube for some fun meal inspiration: