Need a quick and easy dinner solution? This One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna is perfect for busy weeknights when you’re rushed for time. Made with everyday staples from ALDI, this delicious and simple pasta recipe will be a new favorite for everyone in your family!
This post was created in partnership with ALDI. Photos, recipe and opinions are 100% my own.
One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna – a Perfect Quick Dinner Solution
Is fall a busy time of year for your family? With my son’s baseball schedule, tae kwon do, and school activities, it seems like we’re constantly hustling to get from one activity to the next. While I really do love all of the great opportunities that we are blessed with, there are many times that I crave just sitting down for a peaceful meal with my family at the end of the day.
Since I know I’m not alone, and that many busy families struggle with this same thing, I decided to create a quick and delicious dinner idea that’s ideal for busy weeknights. This easy One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna is a fantastic dinner option that is made in under 30 minutes, and perfect for enjoying any night of the week. Best of all, it’s made with ingredients that you can find at your local ALDI!
Step 1: Start with ingredients from ALDI
One of the many reasons I love shopping at ALDI is because I know I can find all of my pantry, fridge and freezer staples for making weeknight meals. The SimplyNature Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef is one of my absolute favorite ingredients. I tend to buy several of these at a time, leaving one to cook right away, and the rest to keep in my freezer. I feel confident serving this meat to my family as it’s USDA Organic, there are no added antibiotics, and no added growth hormones. Best of all the everyday low price of this organic ground beef unbeatable!
I also make sure to pick up a wedge of the Priano Parmesan Cheese. This is also a constant staple in our fridge, as it’s perfect for shredding and sprinkling on top of pizza, pasta and is absolutely delicious on soup! The Priano Italian Cheese Wedge in Asiago and Parmesan varieties received the 2015 American Masters of Taste SUPERIOR TASTE Gold Medal Seal in the Domestic Parmesan and Domestic Asiago cheese categories. This cheese is the perfect pairing with this easy One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna dinner!
Step 2: Brown the Beef and Add Spices and Tomatoes
In a large skillet brown the SimplyNature Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef along with the minced onion and garlic. To the same skillet, you’ll then add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian herbs, garlic salt and onion powder.
Step 3: Add the uncooked pasta in with the sauce
You can use any pasta you prefer, but I really loved using ALDI’s Specially Selected Crinkle Cut Ribbon Noodles for this skillet lasagna recipe. Not only does the texture of this noodle replicate that of lasagna, but it cooks wonderfully in the sauce. No extra pots of boiling water necessary. The noodles cook perfectly in the sauce and take on all the great flavors of the tomatoes, garlic and beef.
As you can see, the noodles cook up beautifully in the sauce and take on the perfect texture of lasagna.
Step 4: Add the Cheeses
While the pasta is cooking, I use this time to shred some of the Priano Parmesan Cheese. I will often shred the entire wedge, so its ready to serve with other meals during the week. Along with the Parmesan, also add shredded mozzarella and ricotta cheese directly to the cooked pasta. Add a lid to the skillet and cook for another 4-5 minutes. The cheese will heat and melt alongside the pasta creating the perfect One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna!
Step 5: Garnish and Serve!
Once the cheese has melted, the lasagna is ready to serve. From start to finish, this simple dinner takes just under 30 minutes to make. It’s the perfect meal to serve to your family after a day filled with activities. You’ll soon discover that this One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna will become a family favorite, and a great way to gather everyone to the table to reconnect.
Dish up this lasagna and top with additional shredded Priano Parmesan Cheese. This lasagna would also be fantastic served with a glass of Giretto Pinot Grigio or Broken Clouds Pinot Noir. A delicious side dish pairing would be my Italian Chopped Salad.
Here’s a quick-reference ALDI shopping list of the ingredients you’ll need for this fantastic One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna:
- SimplyNature Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- Minced Onion (dried)
- Minced Garlic
- Specially Selected Crinkle Cut Ribbon Noodles
- Happy Harvest Tomato Sauce (15 oz. can)
- Happy Harvest Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano (14.5 oz. can)
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
- Priano Parmesan Cheese
- Happy Farms Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Happy Farms Preferred Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh Italian Parsley or Fresh Basil for garnish, if desired
Do you love this recipe for One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna and want to save it for later?
If you loved this stove top lasagna, here are some other recipes that you’ll surely love:
Easy Cheesy Breadsticks – a fantastic side to go with your yummy Stove Top Lasagna!
Here’s the easy, delicious recipe for One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna:
- 1 lb. Simply-Nature Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp. dried, Stonemill Minced Onion
- 1 tsp. (about 2 cloves) Stonemill Minced Garlic
- 10 oz. (about 2/3 pkg.) Specially Selected Crinkle Cut Ribbon Noodles
- 1 (15 oz.) can, Happy Harvest Tomato Sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can, Happy Harvest Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 2 tsp. Stonemill Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Stonemill Onion Powder
- 2 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. Happy Farms Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. Priano Parmesan Cheese, shredded + more for serving
- ½ c. Happy Farms Preferred Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh Italian Parsley or Basil, for garnish, if desired
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the ground beef. While it is cooking add in the minced onion and garlic. Brown completely and drain off any excess fat.
- Continue to heat the skillet over medium-high heat and add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta, Italian herbs, garlic salt and onion powder. Stir well to combine and add in the water. Bring the ingredients to a simmer, and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover skillet, and cook on medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is cooked to al dente.
- Once pasta is cooked, add in dollops of ricotta cheese and the shredded cheeses. Cover the skillet with a lid, and let the pasta continue to simmer on low for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional shredded Priano Parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of Italian parsley or basil, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3362Total Fat: 190gSaturated Fat: 88gCholesterol: 591mgSodium: 5298mgCarbohydrates: 212gSugar: 23gProtein: 183g